Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On Broadway

While we were in New York last summer, we saw Mary Poppins on Broadway. All over the theater we saw signs saying "no photography allowed." These are some sneaky shots I took with my cell phone. The theater was beautiful and the show was amazing. This was Mary Poppins like I've never seen it before. I was in awe of the set and the choreography. The story was a little different from the Disney version, so I had to read the books from the library when I got home. A grand experience and worth every penny!


The first challenge this month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge is to make a layout based on inspiration from an advertisement. My scrapping has linear roots, so this ad appealed to my sense of good design:


I prefer multiple-photo layouts and this one was perfect since I could use four photos. I layered several of the larger flowers from my kit in the center along with a strip of paper ribbon that I made with my new Martha Stewart quilt-edge border punch. The tutorial for how to make that ribbon is from Archivers

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment so I'll know you were here!

13 comments:

Tara O said...

Great inspiration!!! Love it.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

What a great layout! Good design indeed. Love it! xoxo

Lorraine said...

Well done

Jen Cro said...

Love your layout and I wish I got to see Mary Poppins.

ladynurse4 said...

Love the grid design and the ribbon and flower in the middle.

Kim Strother said...

I love the paper ribbon, I may need to get that punch!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Great choice of an add. I really like all the details.

Susanne said...

Great job on using the ad as inspiration - love your strip across the middle.

beccaf1970 said...

Nice job with the challenge! I love the grid format!

Linda said...

Great job with the challenge! I like the flower in the middle.

Brigitte said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I have a NYC album of our family trip last year that I still need to finish! :)

ms.schwiet said...

Love that blue punch strip

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Great job using the inspiration for you page! The excitement of your trip is obvious!