Thursday, June 16, 2011

Manhattan Temple

Our time in Manhattan was jam-packed. On this day we went to the Manhattan Temple. We walked here from Central Park and passed Juilliard along the way. 


On the outside it looks like any other building downtown - except for the statue of Moroni on top. But inside, it is quiet and peaceful and so beautiful. Here we are just inside the door. Once we went through the next set of doors, we left our cameras with the attendant; no photos are allowed inside. We spent an hour and a half in quiet worship before we went back out to the busy street. Many of the people in our session had headsets so that they could participate in their native languages including French and Spanish.


I used items from my June Counterfeit Kit for this layout. I added two of my hand made flowers and some paper scraps. I misted one paper strip with Maya Mist Bubblegum Metallic to make it match.

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment so I'll know you were here!

12 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the colors you used with this. On the white background, they really bring your picture to life.
Rinda

Annette said...

I like the pink papers...kind of reminds me of the New York buildings...only much prettier...like the temple. :-)

ms.schwiet said...

love how you did the paper strips

beccaf1970 said...

Love your choice of papers and that sweet crocheted flower!

Jen Cro said...

I love your wide paper strips. Great way to use up the patterned papers. Simple, but very pretty.

Susanne said...

Very effective layout to focus on the picture. Prettily done!

Linda said...

I like the strips of paper, very pretty layout!

Margie said...

I love the paper strips and embellies, great job!

Anonymous said...

I really love this LO - the vertical lines really pull you into the photo and the flowers are fab! I wish I could do white space like this - perfect

Missus Wookie said...

Pretty! I like the flowers you have been crocheting.

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I love the strips of paper and crocheted flowers! I would love to learn how to make those. Your journaling is very inspiring!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Oh! I love the strips of paper behind the photo - great design!