We have had a whirlwind summer. Lizzy came home from her mission on July 7 and we've been running ever since.
We went to New York, did fun things in our home state, and finally delivered her to school on the other side of the state. We spent five days getting that job done! I have enjoyed having her home and didn't even cry when I told her good-bye this time. I'm growing up. I know that I need her more than she needs me, and that's okay. I know that one day she'll need me again.
I still need my mother. I saw my parents last Friday for the first time in almost three years. I talk to them on the phone from time to time, but that doesn't compensate for a face-to-face. I miss them so much.
We also visited my sister and her husband,
and Terry's parents.
And, sadly, I had news yesterday that a high school classmate passed away over the weekend. She was not the first and she won't be the last, but I still feel the sadness. I'm having a day of reflection and mourning. And I'm counting my blessings and feeling so grateful for God's hand in my life. Life is good. The sad times remind me of that.
3 comments:
Hugs Tricia. This is hard. I know of two classmates from high school that have died...one died of cancer many years ago and the other was the husband of a friend-we all three graduated from the same class, same year but I was friends with his wife. He died recently. I was looking at his FB profile last night with tears...he left behind a beautiful wife and 7 kids.
What a great summer you've had...more wonderful memories for you. It was so fun to be together again. Love ya.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs to you!! I don't cry anymore when the older kids leave, but I dread the day when my youngest flies the nest!! I still miss all my family terribly and wish we all lived near each other!! So glad you got to spend some with dd before she had to leave again!!
Post a Comment