Next comes the sanding and puttying. Is that a word? Anyway, putty goes all over the floor to fill in any holes, cracks, scratches or other imperfections in the wood. Then sanding again.
Next comes the Glitsa finish. This has to have three coats. The first one was put on Thursday evening. Then Friday morning a second coat went on. I took this picture when I ventured into the house yesterday afternoon. The windows were all open but the fumes stung my eyes and sinus membranes. The floor was really shiny at this time.
A third coat was put on the floor last night. We came home early this morning - about 5:00 - and this is what it looks like now. The gloss is gone and a beautiful patina is left. We have been vacuuming and dusting all morning. I think that we will find fine dust here and there for a while to come.
While I was home yesterday (sitting in my scrappy room next to the open window and with the door shut) I made this layout. I don't know if I will get a chance to do three more today to finish the challenge but I'll try. I have a mountain of laundry to do and we need groceries.
The paper on this layout is ancient. Probably some of the first I ever bought. I know this because it is 8.5 x ll and I never buy that size any more. Anyway, it's simple but I like it. Thanks for looking!
5 comments:
Doesn't it feel good to use up old stuff and find that it looks good! Such cute photos too. Glad you got your floor done.
That floor looks gorgeous!!! WTG on using your stash too! :)
The floors look fantastic!
Fabulous floor!! And that layout on that cutie pp is awesome! Love the stitching and the angles photos!!
Your floor is beautiful! Now comes the fun part of getting the room back together and enjoying the results.
Post a Comment