Monday, May 25, 2009

Scraplift

I finally finished the layout I've been working on over the weekend. I shamelessly scraplifted it from the June issue of CK. Easily recognizeable, I hardly changed a thing. I had a lot of pictures from Lizzy's birthday but wanted to keep this to two pages, and this layout let me use eleven.


A closer look at each page:




Now for some details. I cut and embossed the butterflies with my Cuttlebug using three different embossing folders. Then I embossed with clear powder to make them stand out from the paper. I adhered them with glue dots and dimensionals to lift the wings off the pages. Half beads from the SU pretties kit make butterfly heads.





I love these corduroy buttons from SU and have them in about five colors now. These are actually brads - the best brads ever made, very sturdy. I added small silk flowers from the pretties kit just for flair. Title is Cuttlebug, circle and scalloped square punches are SU. In fact, this is mostly an SU project. PP, CS and rubons are all SU.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful!!! I love those butterflies. I have the same die and I would never have thought of embossing them with clear emboss powder after dry embossing them. Very cool!!!!

itsallrosi said...

great multi photo page, and I'm cracking up over that cake!

Geri said...

Wow... this LO is stunning! I love the butterflies and have the same CB set... I am so lifting this idea from you!
great job!!!

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous - love those butterflies and the brads look neat.

Kylie said...

Those butterflies are beautiful and I love those SU button brads too - although I obviously need to work on my stash as I only have one set!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Very pretty LO! I love how you made the butterflies stand out and I'm totally lifting that idea since I have the same CB folders! Thanks for the inspiration!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

P.S. Forgot to say about the cake - LOVE it! So original! Did you make it?

Tricia said...

Yes I made the cake - twice. It was a repeat from her second or third birthday. She was feeling nostalgic and requested it.

Aleta said...

love this!! and who cares if its copied - your ancestors won't know :wink: btw - what die is that for the butterfly - I need it!!!