Friday, May 29, 2009

Support Your Local Economy

We planned to buy mountain bikes a while ago but never did. Then yesterday I saw some bikes on Walmart's online ad for a really great price. They had been marked down from $176.00 to $169.00 for the ad. I went to see if they had them in the store. I bought them for $159.00!

They are not top-of-the-line, fancy-schmancy bikes, but they are fine for us since we mostly ride in the neighborhood and on the greenbelt. DH will have a nice surprise when he comes home tonight. It pays to buy local!

4 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Enjoy your new bikes. What a great surprise :)

Geri said...

Have fun with them! I haven't ridden a bike in years - not even at the fitness center... As kids, we used to ride all the time... and when we camped years back we rode bikes everywhere.
Enjoy!

Kylie said...

Was DH surprised? I know you've been riding yours, but have you been out and about together yet?

Tricia said...

He was surprised! We went for a long ride Saturday morning and then he met me halfway home from the store Monday evening.