Friday, May 22, 2009

Ad This Layout Challenge

The Ad This blog has a weekly layout challenge based on an ad - thus the name. To participate, you scraplift the design in some way, and this week's twist is to also use three of your favorite embellishments and a favorite color combo. Here's the ad:


This ad is very appealing to me. I flipped it over (Lizzy is looking the opposite direction - can't have her looking off the page!). I used buttons, ribbons and rubons for three favorite embellies. I can't say that I have a favorite color combo, but here I used brick red and olive green (drawing from the maps in the photos). Here's my take on the ad:


Patterned paper, die cut and twill tape are from an old Foo Fa La kit that I've had in my stash for years; Thickers from American Crafts; rubons, ric rac, letter stickers, flower and 'A' from May Scarlet Lime kit; pointing hand chip board from old Scrap Goods kit; journaling card from a Studio Calico kit. The Thickers were naked chip board so I embossed them with olive green embossing powder from Scrap Goods and also embossed the 'A' to match.

Now if I can figure out how to link to their website, I'll be in the challenge! Even if I don't, this was a great motivator and lots of fun.

4 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Hey cool interpretation - I like your borders and the embossed chipboard go so well.

Annette said...

Yeah! I finally got in. Such a beautiful page you've created.

Tricia said...

It's working!

Aleta said...

Great job - btw, I posted a comment on your new shoes just last night and it went through for me just fine.