Friday, May 15, 2009

Golfing Today

Seems like Saturday today. Terry and I golfed in the Adjusters Tournament. We left the house at 6:30 this morning and didn't return until around 4:00. He is on the association board so he had business to take care of. I helped sell raffle tickets. That was fun because I got to meet so many people. Two guys from Simplot completed our foursome. One is a former golf pro. He gave us some great tips along the way that made a big difference. Nice guys and we really enjoyed their company.


(Hole 14 - lily pads in the pond, and hole 3.)

I was a little worried about spending the day outside because of this allergy I'm struggling with. We golfed at Shadow Valley and it is such a beautiful course. Flowers are everywhere, the scent of pine is heavenly and just outside the course is a lot of sagebrush and natural vegetation. Everything is gorgeous. My nose ran the whole time, but I actually feel better. The drugs are helping too.

To top it all off, we had amazing weather. The day started off a little chilly and we golfed in our jackets. I kept mine on until about the eighth hole and then I only wanted it when we were riding in the cart - too much of a cool breeze. I eventually ditched it altogether. By the time we gathered for lunch, everyone had donned sunglasses and visors and there wasn't a jacket in sight. They served a barbecue for lunch but so kindly made a tuna sandwich for vegetarian me. The raffle was held during lunch and we won a hammock. Now we just need to find a place to string it up so we can bask in it this summer. (I was really holding out for the fire pit!)

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Looks lovely and sounds tasty too - now enjoy your hammock.