Counterfeit Kit Challenge has introduced a "Get in Shape" challenge for all of its followers. The idea is to think outside of the box (the 12" by 12" box, LOL!) and use a shape to take center stage in a layout, on a card or in a mini album. I don't usually make cards, but after watching some of the tutorials the girls posted, I was reminded of these cards that I made a few years ago from Stampin' Up! supplies.
This brown card is just too, too cute! This is simply a card 4 x 6 card with the fold at the shoulders. Use a circle punch to make the neck, arms and leg holes. Then add trim that you have punched using a circle and then scallop punch. A piece of ribbon, a sweet sentiment and you're almost done. I folded up the bottom and added a couple of eyelets to resemble snaps. I added inked polka dots to give it some design. Voila! A onesie to welcome someone new to the world. This is not my original idea, but it's been so long, I can't remember if it was in the catalog or on someone's blog. Sorry if it was yours and I didn't give you credit.
Stampin' Up! offered these pretty, die cut card shapes a while back and I made this card. Easy peasy. A ribbon across the middle with a pretty ribbon slide from the hodgepodge hardware kit, a half circle of designer series paper and a stamped sentiment. I dipped a pencil eraser in brown ink to accent the scallops, but you could use a hole punch or brads to achieve a similar look. I think I copied something from the catalog to make this one.
Now that I have rediscovered the leftover scallop die cuts, I will incorporate them into my June kit to see if I can use them up!
Thanks for looking and leaving a comment!
8 comments:
Very pretty cards. Love them both. This challenge skeers me. ;)
These are really cute! I made a couple cards, too, but haven't blogged them yet. Loved this challenge.
Rinda
That brown onsie card is 100% adorable!!! I wish I knew someone having a baby so I'd have an excuse to make one!!
Great cards - so creative with those dies.
Gorgeous cards!Great use of your kit!
Tara - be brave, my friend! You can do this!
Great shaped cards - very fun.
Cute!
Post a Comment