Sunday, June 26, 2011

Me at 53

Welcome to the June Design Team blog hop for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Have you ever scrapped about yourself? Or are you too busy scrapping about everyone else? This month's blog hop challenge was to scrap about yourself using "I" statements. For example: I was . . . , I am . . . , I think . . . , I wonder . . .  My layout is just about me. In fact, it's about me at 53. I've never been one to shudder about my age. I figure most people can tell how old I am by looking at me. The only thing that matters is how I feel about me. That said, I am "happy, intense, lucky, faithful, thankful, smart, cool, unique, amazing, one and only." My self-esteem is alive and well, LOL! I am more confident than ever and excited for what life has yet to bring me.


I'm down to fumes with my June counterfeit kit, but I did have this great piece of patterned paper from Stampin' Up! left. I got on a flower-making binge a week or so ago and whipped up these cute little pansies. Two of the die cuts were in my kit, I added the green scalloped circle from SU. I also added the kraft circles and bingo numbers from Maya Road, bling, acrylic figure and green journal papers from my stash. I've had that bling so long, I was afraid it wouldn't stick!

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment, and then hop on over to Crystal's incredible blog. I'm so excited to see how everyone interpreted this challenge. This has been an awesome month, full of inspiration from everyone who has been participating with all the challenges. The girls at Counterfeit Kit Challenge have really outdone themselves. Happy blog-hopping!


24 comments:

Lisa said...

Fantastic layout. The bling is great and those pansies are just adorable! Wow!. All the die-cuts acting as a photo mat work so well. love it

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

I'm so jealous that you made those flowers!!! They rock!
*meridy*

Maria Ontiveros said...

You'll see during the regular hop that my project is all about being 50 and fabulous!
Rinda

Crystal said...

Tricia we are so on the same page like you said. I LOVE how you used the journal spots as background and GREAT idea with the bingo markers for your age! I should have done that! LOL!

Emily said...

Gorgeous! Love the patterned paper and how you did the title. You'll see tomorrow that I also clustered blue flowers but yours are much cuter!

Angela said...

Love those flowers -- especially since you MADE them -- that's awesome!

Susanne said...

Those flowers certainly are eyecatching - great choice of embellishments! Glad you joined in this month.

Margie said...

I LOVE those pansies!! Great layout!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Bautiful layout, Tricia! I love how you incorporated the bingo numbers-fabulous idea!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

What an inspiring "About Me" page!! I'm so envious of your flower making skills! I think you are gorgeous! I love all the words you used to describe yourself!

Missus Wookie said...

Great page and list. Cool flowers too :)

Jennybean said...

I love all your embellishments!

Lora Oliver said...

This is a wonderful LO and you are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love your flowers (and your self-esteem!)

CStrickler said...

Wonderful Lo overall...but I must say that I really LOVE those crochet flowers!

ChelleM said...

Very nice layout, I love the flowers that you made. :-)

Mad for Paper said...

What a gorgeous layout. I love your pansies, they are beautiful.
TFS
Ang

Geri said...

You are looking good!!!
And I so totally love those little blue crochet flowers! Too cute!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Very cool idea to use the journal papers for the background and your flowers are beautiful. Wonderful Layout.

beccaf1970 said...

This is beautiful! I love the layering of all the scalloped circles!

redmom said...

Your page is beautiful! I love the crochet flowers!

Laurie Marmon said...

Great layout. Love the pansies!

Jimjams said...

Awesome crochet Tricia and a wonderful page - and you look amazing for 53!!!

bobbie said...

LOVE the 'all about me' page!!