I am so excited about this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge. The kit to counterfeit for June is from Burlap and Buttercups, a brand new kit club. You can see the original here. I love the soft colors and subdued patterns in this kit. As I dug through my stash, I found these papers with lots of retro colors. Every month I promise myself that I will keep my kit small. This is my smallest kit so far - but I know from experience that it will grow before the month is over!
Most of my stash is from past kits that haven't been used up as well as Stampin' Up! purchases. The contents of my kit include:
Patterned Paper
- Sassafras - Nerdy Bird, Sprightly
- K & Company - Life's Journey, Dictionary
- Stampin' Up! - Sweet Stitches
- SU - Greenhouse Gala
- Basic Grey - Nook & Pantry, Rolling Pin
- My Mind's Eye - Alphabet Soup Boy Ledger Paper
- Studio Calico - Documentary Souvenir
- My Mind's Eye - Be Loved, Passionate Paisley
- My Mind's Eye - Alphabet Soup Boy Twinkle Twinkle Paper
- SU - Greenhouse Gala
Embellishments
- Maya Road - ornate chipboard tags
- Sassafras - in a stitch blue buttons
- Prima flowers - love note collection fairy
- Jenni Bowlin - embellished butterflies
- Jenni Bowlin - yellow butterfly stickers
- Jenni Bowlin - butterfly rub-on
- Basic Grey - Nook & Pantry layered stickers
- American Crafts - Letterhouse chipboard pieces
- American Crafts - Salutations fabric stickers
- Stampin' Up! - blue taffeta ribbon
- Old Scrap Goods kits - blue bottle cap, brads, red stitched ribbon, green dotted swiss ribbon
- the following items are of unknown source: yellow stripe ribbon, green stripe ribbon, red buttons, ric rac, blue ruffled lace, pins, washai tape (whew!)
And now for my add-on kit. Because I'm a girl who loves embellishments, I had to do this. The original add-on had some fabric brads, Maya Mist, tags, alpha stickers and sticker titles. So here is my version:
- Pink Paislee - 365 degrees punch outs
- October Afternoon - mini market stickers ledger
- Making Memories - pitter patter chipboard stickers, Oliver
- Glitz Design - teeny alpha red block
- My Little Shoebox - bubbles mini alpha
- Stampin' Up! - fabric, Sweet Stitches
- Stampin' Up! - pom pom trim, daffodil delight
- Stampin' Up! - fabric brads, Sweet Stitches
- Maya Road- mists in bubble gum metallic, avocado metallic, yellow
I've been scrapping for a long, long time. As a result, I have an enormous stash to draw from. Some things are hot off the press, others are practically antiques. And that's the point of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge after all, use it up! I am loving this challenge because when I put my kit together every month, I see my stash with new eyes. That old stuff is getting used up right along with the new.
Thanks for looking a leaving a comment!
17 comments:
I love how you used browns in your kit. I know what you mean about how CKC makes my old stuff feel new.
Rinda
Your kits are so prety-I love the vintage feel! I can't wait to see your creations!
Love this...I've been looking forward to seeing your kit since I found out that you were GDing this month!
you're a girl after my own heart...i have to have lots of embellishment too. Glad you are playing with us this month...can't wait to see what you create!
Love your kit! I really like that brown floral PP and embellishments.
Tricia I love love love your kit and your add on. THat fabric is super yummy! I love that you are using up old kits and older supplies right along with the newer things! Great job!
Your kit is great. I like the large floral with the brown. What I love is that you named your cardstock, lol.
I used "butter" as a color, too :). Way to use up other kit pieces and put them together for this kit! Have fun using up all the stuff!
I hear you on keeping the kit smaller this month, I did so also. I really love your embellishments add-on! Those PP punch outs are awesome! Have fun! xoxo
This kit is beautiful...it has an Earthy feel to it. Very cool!
I like your kit! This is my first month playing along and I kept my kit small too just to see how it goes.
I'm an embellie girl too! I'm debating adding the add-on kit myself! It's not like I don't have enough stuff! Great kit!
Your kit is gorgeous!! You really captured the feeling of the inspiration kit, but in your own style!
Cant wait to see what you create using your kit.
Love your kit, especially the letterhouse chipboard pieces and the sassafrass buttons. I agree that it's fun mixing the old and new, I like using up bits that have lingered in my stash for ages! x
That brown background floral is such a striking paper - can't wait to see what you whip up.
Nice job! And I agree with the other commenters...that brown floral paper is beautiful! Love your combo of embellishments too!
Post a Comment