This was our Bountiful Basket for today. A big meeting was going on during the time of our delivery, so we were missing the majority of people who helped last week. Today we had great helpers, but we had so many more baskets than last week! Thankfully, the truck was on time. I was so busy making sure everything was getting done properly that I neglected to take my extra item for helping. And when we got home, we noticed that we only had one tangerine when we should have had at least eight. Our basket was in the middle and was overlooked. We got one because there were enough left over for every basket to have an extra. So we learned something today about putting short rows in the middle. Heather was so nice to share her extra tangerines with us. It's not really like we need more fruit anyway. . .
We at the corn for lunch, and I will say that it was probably the best corn we have had all year. I wasn't sure what to expect from fresh corn in November. I was not disappointed. See that? More brussels sprouts and persimmons. We learned how to cook with them last week, so I was happy to see them in the basket again today. I will be making more persimmon cookies!
This is the Italian pack. I didn't want to try this before because I have all those herbs in my garden. But now that they are going dormant and the basil has gone to seed, I was happy to get this. I made a sauce with the onions, garlic and herbs from this pack and my canned tomatoes. I wish you could smell this picture - it was heavenly!
I made Cheesy Eggplant Bake for dinner tonight. This looks like lasagna, but it is eggplant, spinach, onions, garlic, my sauce and three kinds of cheese. Oh. My. Goodness. This was so good! It was too hot, but it was so good we couldn't wait for it to cool down and we burned our mouths scarfing it down. Terry went back for seconds.
5 comments:
I had to laugh a little. I got my stuff home and only had one tangerine too! There were lots of other great things. Thanks for bringing this to Boise!
You must have had a middle basket too. Thanks so much for being there this morning. I could not have done without your help today.
Oh my mouth is watering!!! That looks delicious!
Looks lovely. Corn in November? What a treat!
I sooo wish I lived around the corner from you! You are a goddess in the kitchen. I bow down to you. ;)
Post a Comment