Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Apple Pie-lets made by Kid-lets

Today we made apple pies. In my defense, I didn't know this photo was being taken or I would have changed out of my "nobody is going to see me today" clothes into something more presentable. 
The little kids helped with the peeling. They were so good to take turns all day. We used Granny Smith and Gala apples. 
The apple peeler was a fascinating machine . . .


. . . as you can see by the expression on this face.


Here are our little tarts. The kids cut out the dough and filled the pies. 
We had clean hands, hair pulled out of the way, and they tried really hard not to touch their noses or put their hands in their mouths.
They poked the holes in the middle with a fork.


But they didn't eat them.

While the pies were baking, I gave them each a tiny dish of filling. I thought it would be a fun treat. They didn't like it. I told them if they didn't like the filling, they wouldn't like the pies. I could do nothing to tempt them to eat the filling. Oh well. More for me! And we had fun, so it's all good.

3 comments:

Valerie Bishop said...

LOL...at least you all had fun!! And your tarts look yummy!

Tara O said...

LOL!! That's funny...but yeah more for you. Look yummy

townmonkey said...

Sometimes the way is the goal... As long as they enjoyed doing them