Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pomegranates

Here's the load of goodies we picked up from Bountiful Baskets this morning. I'm excited about the pomegranates, but not really sure how to make the best use of them. I found a website that looks very helpful: California Pomegranates
Lots of lettuce and carrots today along with Jonathan apples for a change. 
I finished the site coordinator training last week and am now looking for a location in the Boise area. It will be so nice to have a site closer to home!


In addition to our regular basket, we got these four beautiful pumpkins for making pies. 


We also got a big box of pears. Seems funny to me to see them individually wrapped in little pieces of green tissue paper. Here they are waiting in the garage to ripen. I see more canning in my future.


1 comment:

Tara O said...

I've never eaten a pomegranate. LOL

Looks like a great basket.