Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kiwi on the menu this week

About ten years ago I discovered - the hard way - that I was allergic to kiwi. I never had food allergies before so it took a few "experiences" for me to know what had caused my problem. I haven't had a kiwi since. Now look at this:


Can you see TEN kiwis in my basket from today? LOL! I'm going to try one tomorrow after church. I figure if I'm still allergic, I will have the rest of the day and all day Monday to get over it. If I'm over it somehow, I can enjoy these delicious goodies.


We enjoyed the artichokes from last week's basket. Lucky for us, we got more today. I loved how this plate looked when we sat down to eat. Looks like a diet plate (if you don't count the butter) with it's one artichoke and one purple potato. By the way, that potato was purple all the way through. How fun is that! Oh, and the best way to cook an artichoke is in the pressure cooker. Eight minutes and it's done. Very fast.

2 comments:

Tara O said...

AAACCCKKKKK! Don't eat the kiwi! ACK! Are you allergic to latex? I ask, because those of us who are allergic to latex can also be allergic to kiwi and bananas.

Missus Wookie said...

Hope you didn't discover you are still intolerant or allergic to Kiwi. I'm the only one here who eats them.

I do my artichokes in the microwave 4 mins usually. We've grown purple potatoes and they are odd looking as mash...