Saturday, September 25, 2010

Okra in my bountiful basket today

Okra today. Hmmm, I have never fixed okra before. I know it's in gumbo so I researched some recipes on the internet. Planning to try it out tomorrow. I like being able to try something new from time to time. Everything else is familiar. The small green/yellow things in the front are plums. I'm thinking they might not be quite ripe yet. Last week's bananas took all week to ripen. Today's are off to a healthy start. Notice the carefully wrapped fruits. Asian pears. My favorite!


The regular basket is really loaded, but because we go and help with the process, we get to take some extra things. My extras today are a bunch of broccoli (four stalks) and an extra bag of onions. Now those I do know how to use!

1 comment:

Valerie Bishop said...

Blah - I hate okra....LOL!! But what a gorgeous basket of healthy goodness you have!! Hope you can find a recipe to enjoy your okra!!