Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baked Butternut Squash

Today I cooked the butternut squash. I had two fairly small ones so I used them both. I peeled them and cubed them. If I had to guess, I would say I had about three pounds of squash all together.  I added 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary, basil and chives from my garden. Tossed everything together in a bowl and then put the mixture in a casserole dish. I sprinkled the top with parmesan cheese, covered the dish and baked it at 375 for one hour. I checked it at 50 minutes and the squash was not soft enough for my liking.


I nearly forgot to take an 'after' picture. Here is what is left after we ate dinner. We will have this for another meal or two. It smelled heavenly while it was baking and it was delicious! This is a keeper recipe. I found the basic recipe on the internet but modified it with my own herbs and baking process.



1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

We do this a lot - and sometimes I puree it afterwards, thin down with a bit of stock and have it as soup :)