Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today's Bounty

Since I'm still so enthralled with this new experience, I thought I'd share what we received in our Bountiful Basket this morning. As a disclaimer, I have to say that we arrive an hour early and help unload the truck and fill the baskets. By doing that, we receive an extra item for our own basket. Even without that extra bunch of bananas, this is a hefty bounty. I have never bought Bosc pears before, so I am going to have to do some research to learn the best way to use them. I'm glad for only one small squash this week. We enjoyed the ones we had last week, but we also have a Hubbard from our own garden to use up and didn't really need another just yet.


We missed getting the peaches last week, but were on time to order two boxes this week. They are huge! We shared one - hence the empty space. They are a little too firm yet for canning. I think by Monday they will be ready. I bought lids and sugar last week. I will be ready when they are. And since we got more apples in today's basket, I may have to can some apples from the case we bought last week. Might just turn out to be a canning week for me.

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Love the idea of getting a case of peaches or apples. Wish my boxes came with that option, one day I'll actually organize the time to go and collect apples for applesauce and pies.

Looks like you got a great box again.