Sunday, February 7, 2010

Humanitarian Project

Two weeks ago, some yarn was handed out at church to anyone who wanted to make baby afghans for the humanitarian project. I took a couple of skeins home with me. What you have to understand is that all the yarn for these afghans was donated by different people. I pulled two skeins out of the bag that I thought would go together; luckily they were the same type of yarn. It is really soft and kind of shiny. I could see I didn't have enough so I tried to buy the same yarn. All I could find was the purple - that's why there is no yellow in the middle but I think it looks nice. 

I finished it this morning and took it back to church today. All the ladies thought it was so cute that they passed it around the room during class. I didn't think anything else about it until I returned to the church a few hours later for choir practice. There was the little afghan lying on the piano bench. I guess it never made it back to the front of the room to be collected. Secretly, I was glad that happened because I hadn't remembered to take a picture of it before I turned it in. So here it is. I think it looks like a happy little Easter egg. My grandmother used this pattern to make full size afghans for all of her grandchildren as they were married. The one she made for us is blue and white and we have loved it. 


Okay, now I'll turn it in - again.




5 comments:

Annette said...

We still have the afghan she made for us. This will be a treasure for someone for sure. Good work.

Kylie said...

Secretly, she was happy - not so secret any more Tricia!

I really liek how the pattern turned out.

Jen said...

very pretty!

ladynurse4 said...

love the purple and yellow.

Valerie Bishop said...

Gorgeous! I made one of these for my kids when they were little and they still have them!