Sunday, September 13, 2009

LOAD 5-9

More layouts for the LOAD challenge. This first one is just a sneak. I did this today for the September scraplift so I can't reveal the entire layout just yet.


I am loving this "Smile" layout. I did this with Aleta's September ad challenge in mind. I had a bunch of pictures of Lizzy that I wasn't sure what to do with. I ended up just using a square punch and capturing her beautiful smile in random shots. Then I used a variety of Thickers, so this will also qualify for the September journaling challenge at OSU. This is almost the last of the new Basic Gray paper I bought last week.


I have had the white patterned paper on this next layout for quite a while. This paper was so beautiful but I couldn't figure out how to use it without covering up the design because the pattern was large and far apart. I am really happy with this page design and the way it enhances the beauty in these outdoor pictures. Once I figured out how to use this paper, the rest was very simple and it needed very little embellishing.


Lizzy sent this orange card home and then the next batch of pictures she sent had this photo. I had no idea what this was all about. I finally learned that this sign is used in some of the New York City buses. She found one lying on the sidewalk one day with no bus in sight so she took it home for a souvenir. The card is in a pocket I made from a small page protector.


This layout is for the September sketch challenge at OSU. The papers and embellies are from the latest Jenni Bowlin kit. I sewed the little red and white flowers on with my sewing machine.

9 comments:

Ryann said...

Tricia! Love the Smile LO - what a clever idea to use all those pics that way, and the different fonts! I also love the overlay in the sneak peek of your scraplift challenge. Your MIB LO is fantastic - cute idea!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Great work, especially the SMILE LO. Love it all!

Jen said...

Ooooh that sneak peek rocks! I've a bunch of those transparencies and I'm never quite sure how to use them! Awesome job!

Betsie Morris said...

WOWZERS!!!!! These are stunning! I love the smile one and the way you used the card to make a pocket. So inspirational! Thanks for posting these. Can't wait to see what you do next! :-)

Missus Wookie said...

You've been so busy and they are all gorgeous. That sneak peek and the doughnut photo are my favourites. Can't wait to see what the whole thing looks like.

Annette said...

I love the smile page. So pretty! Including the real smile (Lizzy's)

Geri said...

Very Beautiful ... I can't wait for the reveal... Did you glitter the sparkly accents on the sneak peak? If not, what company is that? Love it!

Tricia said...

The glittery accent is part of a transparency, I think Pink Paisley.

Marinka said...

WOW, great job Tricia... love the smile one and the one with the white pp turned out wonderful!