This is a nice, sunny spot - right in the middle of the yard. Seems a little strange to put a garden there. But we tried it near the back fence for a couple of years and it never did very well. While I was planting, I noticed how full of blossoms the cherry tree is. If pictures could smell! The aroma is heavenly. The apple tree is blooming too. I love those pretty, pink blossoms.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
My Garden
I love to keep a garden. We have planted a garden every year that we have been married. When we first started out, we borrowed a garden space from generous neighbors. Sometimes we shared a garden with friends. When all the kids were home we had a big garden and we used to can fruits and vegetables every year. Now that it's just the two of us, we have a small garden. Monday I planted flowers in the front yard and last night I set out tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers and planted seeds. We will have carrots, green beans and beets. I'm trying eggplant this year. From seed. This is an experiment - I haven't planted that before.

This is a nice, sunny spot - right in the middle of the yard. Seems a little strange to put a garden there. But we tried it near the back fence for a couple of years and it never did very well. While I was planting, I noticed how full of blossoms the cherry tree is. If pictures could smell! The aroma is heavenly. The apple tree is blooming too. I love those pretty, pink blossoms.
This is a nice, sunny spot - right in the middle of the yard. Seems a little strange to put a garden there. But we tried it near the back fence for a couple of years and it never did very well. While I was planting, I noticed how full of blossoms the cherry tree is. If pictures could smell! The aroma is heavenly. The apple tree is blooming too. I love those pretty, pink blossoms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cool! I do miss the cherry trees from living in Utah. Those were the BEST cherries. Yummm!!!
love when the flowers start blooming
such pretty pics!
Robin (ddcdragonfly)
Lovely photos, just lovely!! The bread makes me hungry!! Our neighbor across the street has a mature Cherry tree & it is beautiful. I should have take a picture for my blog **sigh**
I'd love to have a green thumb....so ahem...hope reading your blog rubs off on my seedlings in my window sill. LOL
your trees are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.
That is a small garden? The plot looks pretty big to me. I have 2 small flower gardens but haven't tried a veggie garden yet. I did a couple zuchinni plants last year, the wild rabbits ate the plants before they ever produced.
Post a Comment