Saturday, March 5, 2011

March Counterfeit Kit Challenge

The March inspiration kit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge comes from Studio Calico. This is their "Into the Woods" kit and it is fun! 

Here is my version created entirely from my stash (including things from old SC kits). I like a few more embellishments in my kits, so I added ribbons, button flowers and some wood veneer. 

Studio Calico has one main kit and four add-ons. I chose to counterfeit their Sunny Clearing add-on kit along with the main kit. I love the fun, happy colors in this kit. It made me think of some Stampin' Up! papers I just got.

Here is my version.

Check back in a day or two - I hope to put these kits to good use!


32 comments:

Margie said...

Yummy kits! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

Mad for Paper said...

Great kit. Can't wait to see what you com up with.
TFS
Ang

~Mar said...

Your kits look fantastic. I love those Sassafras treat felties!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Your kits look wonderful! You really captured the feel of these! Have fun creating!! :)

Pam from Maine said...

Your add-ons make me want to go out for an ice cream! Can't wait to see your creation.

Kirsty.A said...

I went for those 2 kits first 2. yours are lovely. Enjoy using them

Kylie said...

Great job Tricia, good luck using it all up!

Betsie Morris said...

Wow! This lift is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great kit and even greater add on kit! I will love to view your projects.

CStrickler said...

The kits look wonderful!

ladynurse4 said...

These look great, can't wait to see what you do with them. You are always such an inspiration to me.

Bethany said...

How pretty! You did a wonderful job!

Bethany
Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Clair said...

Ooh. I love your takes on the kits - I've even spotted that we've used some of the same papers. It'll be great to see how you use them!

A Creative Operation said...

Super cool papers and embellishments. I can't wait to see what you make!

Susanne said...

Oh I like your version. I have plenty of SC kits that I haven't touched yet - but I started my kit this month from Scarlet Lime leftovers. I just love kits.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

Love them! I can't wait to see what you make with them!
*meridy*

Kim Strother said...

Isn't it fun pulling for the kits? I like your choices and can't wait to see your layouts.

Dawnree said...

I really love your kits. I chose to do the same add on as well. I can't wait to see what you make.

ms.schwiet said...

wow your take is so pretty and very close...in fact (shhh don't tell) I think your version is even prettier than the original

Cook Scrap Craft said...

great kits!

MiliPea Designs said...

Great kit! Can't wait to see what you make!

Lesa said...

Nice kits!! Looking forward to seeing them in your projects!!

Tara O said...

Love it Tricia...hope you have fun using it!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your kits are so pretty!!! xoxo

Sian said...

Ooh, you have some of those lovely wood veneers! Your choices are very pretty, I'll bet whatever you create with them will be just beautiful

Crystal said...

I love the wood veneers in the main kit and we choose some of the same paper in your add on!

djp said...

love all your embellishments, great kits !

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Your kits are both so pretty! I love how cheerful the second kit is!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

What gorgeous kits, Tricia! I love your colors!

Angela said...

Awesome kits! Looks like you have a fun month ahead of you!

Lisa said...

thanks for stopping by my blog - great to see a new face - and thanks for the sweet comments about my counterfeit kit. yours here looks great and I like your add-on too. great to hear that someone else needs to add in more embellishments. in fact, today, I added in a few more bits and pieces but the kit is great to use and I have already made three layouts with it so the process has already paid off! off to look around...

Jimjams said...

Great kits there - it's a wonderful way to use up stash isn't it!
I have yet to get started on mine for March - I'm still at the pulling out papers stage, but I too will need to add buttons and ribbons galore!