Sunday, February 6, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge

The girls at OSU have put me on to this new challenge - Counterfeit Kits! The idea is to drool over all the latest scrapbooking kits available for sale and then make one of your own using items from your stash. Long-time scrappers like me have oodles of stash. I'm not opposed to buying new stuff, but let's face it, my room can hold only so much at a time. I've vowed to stop buying kits until I get some of the ones I own used up. This challenge may be just the inspiration I need.

February's kit to counterfeit comes from Scraps of Darkness and was incredible. I knew I wanted to buy it, but restrained myself and created one of my own.

Here is their beautiful kit: 

And their lovely add on kit:

And the fabulous color add on kit: 

And here is my version of the main kit: 

And my add on kit (including the color add on):


In real life, the pink is the same color as the pinks in the patterned paper I chose.

Well, I'm off. I will post back when I make some layouts using this kit.




14 comments:

Kylie said...

Great kit Tricia. I'm not sure whether I want to just use mine up straight away or wait to see what the challenges are on the Counterfeit kit blog. Decisions, decisions.....

Annette said...

I actually like your kit better. Very pretty!

Geri said...

I really want to buy their kit too... but like you, I refrained!
I can't participate in the create your own kit challenge this month - no time, but I hope to next month! Can't wait to see what you create!

Tara O said...

Love yours better than the original T!!! I need to do this myself...put one together.

A Creative Operation said...

This is an awesome kit! Wow, your kit ROCKS!

Bethany said...

Very pretty! I'm glad you found us! Wait until you see the challenges this month!

Bethany
Counterfeit Kit Challenge

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I love the big floral patterned paper you included, as well as the JB Cabbage Rose (I have the same sheet in my kit)! That fluffy tulle ribbon is awesome!

petunia670 said...

You have a lot of great goodies in your kit. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Mad for Paper said...

pretty kit. I love the paper with the large red flower.
TFS
Ang

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

I'm jealous of your kit!!! It's totally my style! Love it!
*meridy*

Margie said...

Gorgeous kit-especially the add-on!

Crystal said...

I love the colors and that Recollections rhinestone flourish is super duper yummy!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

What great colors, they look so soft and pretty!

kate blue said...

like your kit and espec the add-on...