Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yummy-ness!

We missed having a basket over Thanksgiving weekend and were forced to use up what we had on hand. Not that that was a bad thing. But it was so nice to get fresh produce yesterday. We made a green salad with the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber; fruit salad with melon, pineapple and blackberries. Found some really tasty sounding recipes at allrecipes.com for the yellow squash and spaghetti squash.


I do have a lot of celery in the fridge now. Good thing it keeps, but I really need to find a way to use it up. And those apples. I am learning to like apples. Yes I am. Trying to eat one every day.

4 comments:

Geri said...

We had some left over seasoning veggie mix like onion, peppers and celery and I stuck it in the freezer... once cooked down, you really couldn't tell that much of a difference. If frozen really fast after picking (mine was not) then you also retain the vast majority of the nutrients.
Those squash look good... I need to get some...

Annette said...

We're a fan of spaghetti squash around here. And also apples...I have one almost every single day...me and my lizard...he likes them too.

Missus Wookie said...

love apples here - fresh as a snack, with p'butter, cooked into a puree, cut up into casseroles...

Celery is used instead of onions here just slice up very finely too and you can freeze it on greaseproof then tip the frozen bits into a box. For when it isn't in season.

We skip boxes some weeks to let us catch up...

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

OMGosh it all looks so yummy. I need to find something similar around here for me and Nick. We eat so much processed junk it isn't even funny.