Saturday, July 3, 2010
Saturday at the Market
We've been going to the open-air market every Saturday morning this summer. I haven't remembered to take a camera with me, but here is a picture of today's bounty. A wonderful whole wheat artisan bread, blackberry orange jam, beets, green onions, snap peas (they are getting few and far between now), new potatoes, tomatoes, summer squash and feta cheese. We have been trying different varieties of this local cheese; so far they are all winners. The beets are getting bigger now, so we won't be buying those very much longer. I like these smaller ones - they don't take as long to cook. We also get our breakfast at the market. Today we had burritos - mine was potato and cheese. Later we picked up an almond twist to share. The weather was chilly and breezy this morning so we didn't stay long. The parade was just starting as we were leaving and we had to wait for the Mayor to go by before we could cross the street. I love the atmosphere at the market and I love that everything is organic and grown or made in Idaho.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Eating good in the neighborhood!
I love crookneck squash! Yum
OH how yummy that looks!!!
Doesn't that look delicious. Hope there are still peas when I get home.
You have some beautiful yummy looking stuff - just the kind of stuff that I like to buy :)! I just love going to the farmer's market in Little Rock at the Rivermarket!! We went last weekend and I also forgot to take my camera - I love the hustle and bustle down there and I need to get some pics! We always make it an all day trip and eat at our favorite mex restaurant for lunch and then go shopping at whole foods market and fresh market afterwards!
Post a Comment