Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tin Foil Tuesday and I {heart} NY



The February scraplift at OSU has been revealed, so now I can reveal my my layout. I love this one. First of all, the photos are hilarious! And the story behind them is equally funny. These girls are definitely enjoying themselves.

I made the blue ric-rac flower and added some vintage labels from old, wooden spools I've had in my sewing stash. (Used up the thread while working on the quilts for Haiti.) Patterned paper from stash, ribbon and corduroy buttons from SU, brads and foil. Journal spot from my LSS, letters from my prize at Paper Popsicles.









I have been struggling with this LO all week (longer even). Every time I looked at it, it wasn't making me happy. Finally this morning I took it all apart and started from scratch. I have this amazing paper pad from SU and loved the birds with this photo. I had already painted and glittered the CB letters but adding the flowers and pin seemed like the perfect touch to me. Rub-on is Basic Grey, ribbon and pin from Studio Calico, envelope flap Maya Road, felt flowers and leaves SU, crocheted flower Dear Lizzy. (Seems appropriate on a Lizzy page!)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

That tin foil story still makes me laugh - did you tell Lizzy she has entertained us all?

The bird/cloud pp is perfect for that photo as is the title. Really like the cluster on the heart.

Valerie Bishop said...

That pp is perfect with that pic on your I heart NY layout as well as the embellies that you used on the heart itself! I just love your awesome flower with those cool thread labels! You make the most awesome flowers - I was so happy to get two of your sets when we did the flower swap!! :)

Jen said...

Beautiful!!!!! I love the envelope on the top. Can I lift that?!

ladynurse4 said...

great use of the envelope flap on top. Love the flowers on the glittered heart.
the tin foil story LO tells a great story in pictures.

Geri said...

I LOVE the tinfoil photos!!! Tooo funny!