Saturday Terry and I (and thousands of other Idahoans) attended the rededication ceremony of Idaho's Capitol Building - our statehouse. From my office in the Joe R. Williams Building next door, I was able to watch some of the work over the 30 months it took to complete the project. New underground wings were added to provide more room for the legislators. The additions have skylights that provide incredible light. When you are inside those wings, you would never guess you are below ground.
We walked around in the Senate and House chambers. Here I am sitting in the Speaker's chair. And, no, I do not want this job.
When Terry was in high school, he was a page in the legislature. Here he is looking at photos of the legislators from 1975. He lived in Idaho Falls and stayed with a family in Boise during his stint with state government. He has fond memories of that experience.
Looking up at the beautiful dome.
Lovely mosaic on the bottom level. When you walk on this, you can feel the tiles through your shoes. It is amazing. Cost of this part of the project was $40,000.
2 comments:
It really struck me how much you look like Grandma Robbins sitting in that chair from a distance. Cool!
great photos!
Post a Comment