Saturday, January 16, 2010

On a Roll



I had so much fun making flowers for the OSU swap that I just couldn't stop! I found a tutorial for some awesome flowers made from vintage ric rac. My ric rac isn't vintage, but it is nice, soft cotton instead of stiff polyester. I also had this wonderful piece of burgundy crocheted lace that worked out great.

After I made those, I dug through my stash of lace and trims and found some ivory eyelet and peach lingerie lace. I love how they turned out. This morning I added brads for centers. The centers could be anything: brads, buttons, pom poms, etc.

Today I'm going to stop by some thrift stores to see if I can find vintage ric rac and trims so I can make more of these beauties.



6 comments:

Tara O said...

DROOL...those are absolutely lovely

Jen said...

These are gorgeous!

Annette said...

Wow, those are cool! Very pretty.

Marlene said...

Awesome flowers!!

kcolegrove said...

these are way cool. How do you make them?

Valerie Bishop said...

Bee-yo-ti-ful!! LOVE the way these turned out!!