Wednesday, December 30, 2009

American Girls Dolls

These girls haven't been out to play for a while. A little friend of mine wanted to see them so I brought them out for her to look at. She's nine. I think Elizabeth was about seven when we got the first doll, Molly. Lizzy had just started wearing glasses and I thought she looked just like Molly. We were soon addicted to these beautiful dolls and their lovely clothes and accessories. I should probably introduce these girls. Left to right are Josephina, Molly, Kirsten, Addy, Samantha, Felicity.


I told my little friend that the dolls have lots of their own clothes (here they are all wearing Samantha's pretty clothes) and they also have a Halloween wardrobe. When she asked what the costumes were, I drew a blank. I could remember the Hippie, the Cat and the 50's outfit. But I knew there were at least eight costumes. After she went home, I got the costume box out. Here they all are. Turns out there are nine.


I made the pumpkin, the black witch's dress and the gypsy costume - flowered skirt and pink shawl. I also made three felt poodle skirts. Can't remember why right now, but they are in the costume box. Getting the dolls out and looking at these costumes was fun for me. A little girl still lives inside of me.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Adorable!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh these are gorgeous. Princess has three dolls but I'm drawing a blank - Molly, Josephina and ??? You make beautiful clothing!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Oh Tricia they are beautiful! This is one of the many reasons I'd *love* to have a daughter - so we could collect these together! :)

Elizabeth said...

Hey there! My DD has the Molly doll {she never asked for another one interestingly enough} and loves it! She played with that thing forever! It is still laying with her other dolls in her room!! You sure have a lot of them and they are simply adorable!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope that your Nw Year is blessed!
e.

Nettie said...

Thank you for sharing Tricia. Joshalyn and I had a great time seeing your dolls. She enjoyed talking to you about them. We enjoyed the pictures as well. Lynette