Sunday, July 5, 2009

Telephone Scraplift

I like to participate in the telephone scraplift at OSU. This is a fun challenge and everyone can participate. This is played like the old "gossip" game where you whisper something to your neighbor and marvel at how the message changes by the time it reaches the last person in line. I was given this layout to lift for June - I was first in line.


Here's my take. I lifted this almost straight off the page; however, instead of using four pictures, I cut one picture into four equal pieces and put them slightly out of square. I liked this effect, especially for the theme of "the ride." For the observant viewer - I know this was really taken at Lowe's and not Home Depot. I didn't realize my mistake until I had finished and I'm not going to change it now. In fact, Home Depot is where we spent the bulk of our time and money.


Another challenge for June was a sketch challenge. I tried all month to make this work. This layout was supposed to have a big circle, and a circle just wouldn't happen for me. I looked at it again last night, changed a couple of embellishments (color is everything), added a bit of fancy lace, rub ons and voila! I like it. Now I'm waiting to hear from Lizzy to tell me how old she was in this photo. I'm guessing about nine or ten. Anyway, I didn't finish in time for the challenge but I'm happy with it so it's all good.


I did the July scraplift last night. I can't post that until all layouts are in at the end of the month. But happily, I seem to be out of my slump at last and my table is clean so I can start again.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I loved your lift! Such a fun picture & layout!!!

ladynurse4 said...

Love the lace on So Stylish! such cute pics!

Annette said...

Very nice. I especially love the combo of the butterly and lace on soft blue. Pretty.

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Lovely work!