Saturday, May 2, 2009

National Scrapbooking Day

I went to a crop at the church last night and finished seven layouts! Amazing. In order to do that, I had to carefully plan each page and gather all my supplies before I left home. This takes time but the pay-off is so worth it in the end. I finished two other layouts during the week and posted them here as well. All journaling on these pages is from Lizzy's emails. Most everything is from the latest Scarlet Lime and Studio Calico kits. I rummaged through my stash for some embellies and the thickers are from Stacy's half price deal at Zany Zinnia. Ribbon on Los Ninos and crocheted flowers on So Long from recent Peachy Cheap deals. Some of you will recognize the big ric rac on the Giant page. That was an old kit!


Still scrapping Lizzy's album. This was her mission application photo.


While learning Spanish at the MTC, Lizzy drew stick figures of each family member and pet and labeled them with the Spanish words.


Last time she emailed photos, Lizzy sent a bunch of pictures taken over the time she has been in Brooklyn. I put them together in a collage with the bus pass she sent home for safe keeping. I love to use ephemera on a page.


These little kids are in her ward. A bunch of little cuties sitting on the sidewalk. Buttons in the flower centers are from a button swap last year. These are a perfect match for this page.


The sister missionaries honored the elders with Elder Appreciation Day. They used a "Giant" theme. The big, tall boys sat at little, tiny tables and ate with tiny plates and tiny cups. What a hoot! I thought this was such a clever idea.


Lizzy's first companion and trainer went home. The girls in her pad decorated Sister Shiley's bed with crepe paper and balloons and sent her off to the real world in style.


On transfer day all the missionaries gather at the mission home in Queens. Lizzy had a chance to see some of her friends from the MTC.


Last visit to the Brooklyn Bridge for Sister Shiley and a fond farewell.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Looks like so much fun. Kinda reminds me of my Ricks days. Those were such great times.

Jen said...

gorgeous layouts!!! I love your work!

Missus Wookie said...

Wow - you have been busy. Congrats on using up those old kit pieces :) Cool idea to use the emails as journaling.