Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Can Do It Myself

The kids came over early this morning so they were still in their pajamas. After a wonderful waffle breakfast it was time to get dressed. Celestra surprised me by trying very hard to dress herself. It was quite comical to see her pulling her skirt on from the hem instead of the waist. Luckily for me, my camera was nearby and I got these adorable pictures.



After the skirt was on just right, she had to try putting on her shirt. Feet first, then arms and hands into the sleeves by way of the neck. She had the general idea and really was doing a pretty good job for someone not yet two years old!



She finally let me help her (I had to catch her first) and we got the job done. She looks like she's been through a battle here but she was very patient with herself. She never got frustrated, and I wonder how long she would have kept trying before she either succeeded or gave up.



She put her socks on by herself and can put her shoes on too. What a big girl!

No comments: