Sunday, August 15, 2010
New York Trip - July 15, 2010
We spent two days in Palmyra, New York. Palmyra is home to several sites of historic significance to our church. I thought the entire village was very quaint. Living in the west as we do, we never see buildings that are this old.
On Thursday, July 15, we attended the Hill Cumorah Pageant. The actors walked around through the audience before the show started. Here I am with Joseph Smith and Captain Moroni. These guys were awesome!
About 9,000 chairs are set up here on the lawn. The stage is amazing! The photo on the bottom right is actually a post card. I could never have achieved a shot like this during the performance. This photo depicts Christ's visit to the American continent after his resurrection.
Everything about this pageant was incredible.
I was really impressed with the costumes, and the actors were more than happy to pose with us for pictures. The costumes are used year after year with changes and improvements over time.
The day we attended the pageant was very, very hot and humid. I sympathized with the actors who wore wigs, headpieces and layers of clothing. But they all seemed perfectly comfortable and happy to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun pages, you can enjoy your trip over and over again. I love the "patchwork" flowers. Cute!
Really like the patchwork flowers too. The collage of photos works well here.
great photos, love how you used the big patchwork flowers.
Post a Comment